Modern implantology is one of the fastest growing fields of medicine. It involves safe and predictable medical procedures. Our clinic uses only renowned brands of implants – currently, the newest implants from Astra Tech - Astra Tech Implant System EV. This is an implantological system which, as indicated by numerous studies, ensures predictable and long-term bone margin retention and appropriate aesthetics.
The use of an advanced implantological system is extremely significant from a surgical perspective – greatly increasing the number of successful procedures, as well as in reference to prosthetic reconstruction – the used prosthetic solutions allow to attain a durable, beautiful, and natural effect. Current medical research shows that the percentage of successfully received implants is on average 96-98%.
Astra Tech implants are clinically tested and used around the world, thereby we can be certain that, even in many years time, they will still be available on the market and we will not have a problem obtaining prosthetic components. Implantology is not worth saving on, as unduly limited costs result in the use of poorer quality components.
It is worth investing in a good and verified implantological system, as a well integrated implant will remain with us even for life.
IMPLANTS IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE, GIVING PATIENTS GREATER COMFORT AND CONFIDENCE, BUT MAINLY GIVING THEM THEIR BEAUTIFUL DREAM SMILE.
An implant is an artificial root which can be inserted in place of one or more missing teeth. An implant is best placed as soon as possible after the loss of the tooth, but also possible are IMMEDIATE IMPLANTS, secured on the day of the tooth extraction. The implant is composed of titanium – a material which is capable of osseointegration, i.e., fusing with bone tissue. The implant has an internal thread on which we can fasten the connector, creating a foundation for the crown. The procedure of placing one implant lasts approx 30 minutes and can be performed in sedation, with the administration of analgesics, sedatives, and anti-oedematous drugs. An anaesthesiologist present during the procedure can also monitor the status of patients who suffer from general ailments, such as hypertension, heart disease, respiratory diseases, etc. Usually, however, sufficient is a local anaesthetic.
Implant osseointegration lasts between 2 and 6 months. After this time we can continue with preparing the prosthetic crown.
Implants are the best way to supplement missing teeth, as there is no need for sanding down the neighbouring teeth, implants function just like natural teeth, allow for very natural-looking crowns, and eliminate the need for using removable dentures, which are very inconvenient for patients.
Indications for implants include one or more missing teeth or the intolerance or poor stability of dentures. Inserting only two implants can already greatly improve the stability of dentures.
Contraindications for implants include:
- incomplete growth of the jaw bones
- patients under the age of 18
- severe general ailments
- endocarditis, prosthetic heart valves, organ transplants, rheumatism
- taking immunosuppressive, antidepressant, anticoagulant medication
- some psychiatric disorders
- poor hygiene
- undiagnosed craniofacial pain
- dysfunctions which can excessively burden the implant
- inappropriate bone structure
POST IMPLANT SURGERY RECOMMENDATIONS:
- refrain from eating and drinking for 2-3 hours after the procedure, especially avoiding hot meals, as well as maintaining a soft diet for a few days
- avoid intensive physical activity for one week after the procedure, leading an energy-limiting lifestyle
- not smoke or drink alcohol until the completion of the antibiotic treatment
- use a new, soft, post-surgical toothbrush, use a recommended post-surgical mouthwash – e.g. Eludril, but rinse in a delicate manner especially over the first 2-3 days
- not overuse analgesic medication, such as Ibuprofen, as these could cause excessive bleeding. The recommended dose is 500 mg 3 times a day, and if necessary, additionally, Paracetamol 3 times a day
- contact their doctor in case of any worrying symptoms.